Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Worth the Walk . . .

Well I stomp through the door to find The Preacher at the bar.

"I can't believe they do not have valet parking! I drove right pass the place looking for the valet stand."



The Bartender has a blank stare and The Preacher is dying laughing at me, somehow only I understand the gravity of the situations . . .

It's Sister's Night and it's my choice and I chose Cha Chah!

The doctor comes in minutes later, in scrubs(!), orders a drink, and then asks if Arnold is in the kitchen tonight. A unison question mark covers the face of The Preacher and myself.

"Who is Arnold? What happen to Black Pride? You're dating a cook?!?"

She responds, "He the owner/ chef. The one that was on Top Chef. He owns this restaurant, Suzy Wong's, and PM," replies The Doctor. (We have actually been to PM also, we just haven't covered it on the blog yet.)

"What! Well, is he here? And there would be nothing wrong with you dating a cook."

"Well not tonight, you would hear him if he was!" was the response the bartender gave us and we start ordering . . .

Now, I can't remember the bartender's name, but she tried to sell me on a gin martini, she swore even if you were not a gin drinker, you would like it. Well I had one bad experience with gin and that was enough, so I I had two the ChaChah Sangria and it was the best!

For starters we covered the bar with . . .

White Bean Citrus Hummus . . . BBQ Quail Wings . . . Truffled Chips!

If you ever go to Cha Chah don't skip any of these.

On the table to discuss tonight . . .

1) I think I have tennis elbow, but I don't play tennis . . .

2) Why is THe Cousin single and what's the deal with his profile pic, it's . . . scary . . .

3) "I think I'm in a relationship" . . . from The Preacher

The unison question mark returns to cover The Doctor and my face, for the third topic. Not that she can't . . . or shouldn't be in a relationship . . . but . . . she's The Preacher and . . . that's just not her . . . cup of tea. (I think I've written to much.)

Well dinner is brought out and the sampling continues . . .



Ordered by The Doctor and The Preacher

Bison Short Rib - Parsnips, Polenta Cake, Cranberry Bourbon Demi

Ordered by me (The Social Worker)
from the Artisan Cheeses & House Cured Charcuterie menu


Shared by all
Beets Two Ways w/Whipped Chevre, Capers, Micro Herbs

(Now I'm not a beet eater, but when I go back to Cha Chah,
 and I am going back, this will be the first thing I order. Yes, it was that good!)

Well to recap, The Preacher is in a relationship and he goes by the name, The Professor, you can get tennis elbow without playing tennis, and a close eye is being kept on THe Cousin in his time of  . . . readjustment. 

And needless to say another one Arnold Myint's restaurants has made my favorite place to dine list, but they need to get valet parking!

The Social Worker


No comments:

Post a Comment