Friday, June 3, 2011

The Break Up

Sisters' Night has continued on a monthly basis, however the blogging has lagged behind . . .  So one of my goals for this month is to crank out the reviews of the past months' restaurants including Holland House, Taco Mamacita, and Acorn! (Wow I have a lot of writing to get done!)

However, there was breaking news from The Preacher as we meet at Acorn in April! (OK, I plan to write them out of order.)

We have had to rearrange meeting days due to work schedules, events, and/ or pay days (the economy effects everyone), so this month, I actually arrived first! I had been sitting at home tapping my foot, when I got a text from The Preacher that her appointment had cancelled and we could meet earlier.

So, I pull up to Acorn and there is no valet parking, but a parking lot across the street, so I'll live. The building is beautiful and the interior follows suit. (Note to self, when I win the lottery, am renting out this place and throwing a hugh party.)


The Doctor arrives shortly after me, and then The Preacher. We start in the bar only to find that not every bar has a Happy Hour and Acorn is very proud of its selection, ie drinks start at around $10. And they do not offer any "skinny girl" selections. However, the bartender did offer to make any drink on the list and call it a skinny girl.

We move on to our table, and we have all been pretty healthy lately and there are very few medical questions.

Starting with salads The Preacher has the Smoked Cheddar, The Doctor has the Acorn Caesar, and I have a fork to eat off of their plates. I have to say both salads were excellent.

Smoked Cheddar



Acorn Caesar



OK, I'll be honest . . . I can't remember the entrees :( . . . But it's not my fault Acorn's menu changes seasonally and the menu on the website is not the one we ordered from. Sooo . . . I guess it is my fault, because had I blogged in April, I would be able to remember . . . whatever.

During dinner, The Preacher asks, "What do you think of my hair?" It's always great, of course. She gets it from our grandmother. She has beautiful salt and pepper hair, it's been like that since her 20's. My hair on the other hand, SMH.

Anyway . . . "It's great, why?"  She responds,"I broke up with Eve!"

The Doctor and I's mouth fall open. (Eve, is her hair dresser. And she does great work, but scheduling has been an issue of late. And without going into too many details, she broke up with her!)

"Are you ok? What are you going to do? What happened? I can't believe it!"

This is a big deal! Have you seen Good Hair!

Next to your relationship with God, Husband/ Family, Doctor/ Therapist, there is your Hair Dresser! (I guess your kids are somewhere in there, but none of us have children.)

"I got a referral from someone else that left her also, and now I'm driving to Brentwood. (Deep exhale.)," is The Preacher's response. "Maybe I should give her another try?" she questions as we finish the entrees.

I'll say the we had no complaints with the entrees and we ever ordered dessert to split, which was . . . (thinking) . . . . Sweet Potato Bread Pudding ?!? Yes, it was Sweet Potato Bread Pudding. And I'll say that I'm not a bread pudding fan, but I would order this again.

And after listing the pros and cons of returning to Eve, as with any relationship, it's not a good idea to look backwards. Therefore, the drive to Brentwood is worth it, for now . . .



Update . . . The Acorn is closing tomorrow! And will reopen in August as a sports bar! I'm still going to a lottery ticket to rent the place out or buy it, if the sports bar doesn't work out. Kiss of Death at work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment